Dr. Prasad Srinivasan is a long time resident of Glastonbury, CT. He has been practicing in Glastonbury and the Hartford area for over 30 years. He treats pediatric and adult patients with allergies. Dr. Srinivasan has been an accomplished legislator, physician, business owner, and philanthropist. He has won many endorsements, accolades, awards, and recognitions over the years.
On November 8th, 2016, Prasad Srinivasan was elected to his fourth (4th) term as the State Representative for Glastonbury’s 31st Assembly District. He is an Assistant Republican Leader and Ranking Member of the Public Health Committee in the Connecticut General Assembly, besides being a member of Environment and Judiciary committees.
Prasad Srinivasan was chief pediatric resident at Brookdale Hospital in Brooklyn, NY. He did his fellowship in allergy and immunology at Michael Reese Hospital in Chicago, IL. He is a graduate of Baroda Medical College in India. He is certified by the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Allergy and Immunology. His community involvement is remarkable and has been recognized on numerous occasions.
- Ambassador, Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
- Corporator, Hartford Hospital
- Established the Prasad Family Foundation in 1999 which awards merit-based scholarships to graduates of GHS and need-based scholarships for college education across the country
- Keeping his promise to give 100% of his state legislative salary to worthy causes
- Local small business co-owner for 37 years
Recognitions since 2014 Election
- Assistant Republican leader
- Ranking member of the Public Health Committee
- National Co-Chair of the Health Policy Council
- Prasad Srinivasan Award for dedication to medical advocacy established by Fairfield Medical County Association
- Numerous awards for legislative leadership
- Connecticut Magazine Top Doctor 8 years in a row
Prasad Srinivasan is married to Mrs. Kala Prasad, a teacher of South Indian Classical Music focused on bringing awareness of music and culture to the young children in the community. Their two children graduated from Glastonbury High school. Son, Sashank Prasad, M.D., is Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School. Sashank’s wife, Kerry, is a high school teacher by profession, currently a stay at home mom taking care of their two children. Daughter, Anusha Prasad Rodriguez, serves as an Executive within the financial services industry. Her husband, Paul, is a Director at VWM Analytics. They have three daughters.